Guild House is a part of the adjacent Parish Church in the heart
of the old village. It accommodates the Parish Office and is also
a meeting space.
Guild House was originally constructed in 1412, built for the
Guild of St Anne, a religious charity of the time. This Guild
was dissolved at the time of the Reformation and ownership passed
death of the then owner, a Mr Jackson, in 1912 saw the Guild House
pass, at his bequest, into the ownership of the Church.
Guild House can be seen to the right of our picture, with its
timbered gable and high chimney. The timbered building to the
left of it is St Anne's Cottage, a separate building, but also
bequeathed by Mr Jackson to the Church on his passing.