AboutB93.com Banner

The Green at Temple Balsall

Temple Balsall

From the Knights Templar in the 12th century to an intervention by Elizabeth 1 in the 16th century, Temple Balsall, on the eastern fringe of B93, has more history than anywhere else in the patch. As a legacy of Lady Katherine Leveson, on her death in 1674 the estate has been run by a charitable trust ever since, through which the care home, schoolhouse and Master's House were built to complement the older Hall and Church.